It is easy to volunteer with the Right Use of Power Institute. We have set it up so you can choose from a variety of different activities that you can do right in your own home and community.
We have three different ways you can volunteer:
1. Gather Together - This is the simplest way to volunteer and it doesn't require any training. Simply gather some friends, family, neighbors, colleagues, students, church members and try some activities together.
- Watch a movie that reveal power dynamics and talk about Right Use of Power. When you sign up as a volunteer you will receive dialogue guides to help set up your movie group!
- RUP Book Club - Get one of the RUP books, get a group together and discuss the topics. The new books have activities you can try together. Buying a bunch of books at once? Sign up as a volunteer for a 20% discount!
- Power Circles - Gather a group of three to ten and practice deepening your awareness of power. We will provide you with a power circle guide when you sign up as a volunteer.
- Similarities and Differences - Challenge yourself to have peaceful conversations with those who have different views from you. By using RUP's guide (designed by Cedar) you can create powerful conversations that create connection with anyone.
2. Own Your Power, Spread the Love - This is for people who have taken a RUP training. Volunteer to give at least one talk on Right Use of Power during the year to a group in your community (community centers, religious organizations, schools, universities, businesses, civic organizations, etc.). Once you sign up to volunteer you will receive presentation materials to help you organize.
3. Skill Share - Do you have a skill you could offer to the Institute? Are you computer savvy, have marketing skills, or teaching tips? You could offer a free webinar to our guild members, join our Board of Directors, or help the institute grow. Please fill out the form below and let us know how you can contribute.