Grand Rapids, MI
Medema Consulting Associates LLC (MCA) is dedicated to developing people, strengthening organizations, and building success and serves as a trusted advisor to its clients. David Medema, founder and President, has consulted with more than 500 Michigan nonprofit, business, school districts, and public sector organizations since 1993. Medema is a seasoned nonprofit executive, certified coach, entrepreneur who has also served as adjunct faculty for Indiana University’s Fund Raising School.
Dave serves his clients as:
- An insightful executive coach who helps others become more self-aware and mindful of their impact on others and identifies how they wish to grow, personally and professionally. Dave is a safe and neutral resource who supports your growth process and provides accountability for realizing your goals.
- A guide to teams dedicated to building trust, becoming more cohesive and productive, and transforming their organization’s culture. Most teams struggle with some level of dysfunction (unable to engage in healthy disagreement or holding each other accountable), and teams that are willing to look at themselves can experience tremendous growth and effectiveness.
- A Certified Trainer with Right Use of Power Institute, whose mission is to promote organizational cultures that practice the right use of personal and professional power. This powerful approach helps us see that we are responsible for the impact we have on others and that everyone in an organization has both the power and responsibility to build a healthier culture.
- A skilled capacity builder and facilitator who knows the barriers and solutions to individual, team, and organizational performance. Medema possessed in-depth expertise in designing and leading processes to create strategic plans, improve board governance, build employee skill, and develop measurable staff performance metrics.
- An experienced trainer across a wide array of topics addressing personal, group, and organization-wide skill building. Training topics include providing effective supervision and feedback, roles of nonprofit boards, effective staff reports to the board, building high performing teams, communications skills, managing team dysfunctions and Myers Briggs: what is your personality type?
Medema’s core values include being affordable and accessible. Limited resources, wisely invested, can lead to deep impact and lasting change. He does not allow cost to be a barrier.